How to apply
When to apply
- Applications for fall housing are available via the fall allocation in late March/early April.
- Applications for spring housing are available via the spring allocation in late October/early November.
- You will need MIT Web Certificates on your computer to apply. If you do not have MIT Web Certificates on your computer please contact your department and download the certificates.
- You may apply anytime between the open and close dates for the allocation. Your chances of receiving an assignment through the allocation are the same regardless of when you apply.
- You will not be able to apply before you are accepted as a student at MIT and have accepted the offer from your department.
- Check the dates and deadlines.
- Too late? Get on the waiting list.
- Summer and IAP housing is available through sublicenses or off-campus housing.
Who can apply
- Fully registered graduate students
- Fully registered graduate students with eligible spouses, partners, and/or families
- Undergraduate students with eligible spouses, partners, and/or families
- 9th-term undergraduates, visitors, and postdocs may apply to the waiting list, and they will be assigned housing on a space-available basis.
How to apply
- Fill out the application online.
Read step-by-step instructions to walk you through the application process.