May 24, 20132nd round Graduate Housing Fall Allocation closes
May 24, 2013Deadline to accept the Graduate Housing Fall Allocation Assignment.
May 25, 2013Spring housing ends for non-graduating UGs
Home >> Graduate & Family Housing >> Residences >> Tang Hall
550 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139
- furnished coed residence for 404 single graduate students
- opened in 1972
“Being in a high-rise that looks out over the Charles River gives Tang residences some of the most dramatic views of the Boston skyline from anywhere on the MIT campus.”
Michael Collins, Tang Hall house manager
|Unit Type||Approximate Size||Monthly Rent||# of Grad Student Beds||Description|
|2-bedroom apt.||700 sf||$788/person (2012-2013)||88||
Two occupants share an apartment with one bathroom and kitchen facilities. Each occupant has a private bedroom.
|4-bedroom apt.||960 sf||$830/person (2012-2013)||184||
Four occupants share an apartment with one bathroom, a living room, and kitchen facilities. Each occupant has a private bedroom.
|3-bedroom apt.||780 sf||$837/person (2012-2013)||132||
Three occupants share an apartment with one bathroom, a living room, and kitchen facilities. Each occupant has a private bedroom.
Where is it?
- located in the northwest section of campus
- next door to Westgate and across the street from the Charles River
- approximately 0.8 mile walk to MIT’s main entrance at 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Only at Tang
There’s no better place to be on the fourth of July than Boston, and there’s no better spot for watching fireworks than the 24th-floor lounge at Tang Hall. Residents have an unobstructed bird’s eye view of the world-famous pyrotechnic display.
Good to know
Tang Hall features apartment-style units for two, three, and four occupants. All units in Tang are furnished.
- Three- and four-occupant units are same-sex, but two-occupant units can be coed (both male and female occupants) upon request. There is no cost difference between coed and same-sex units of the same unit type.
- Each occupant of a multi-occupant unit has a private bedroom.
- Each bedroom is furnished with a long twin-sized bed and mattress (bed linens are not provided), five-drawer dresser, built-in closet, desk (study lamps are not provided), and desk chair.
- Units with living rooms are furnished with a sofa, chair, coffee table, and dining table with four chairs.
- Units with kitchen facilities are furnished with a refrigerator and stove (kitchen utensils and supplies are not provided).
Tang Hall amenities
Tang Hall is a 24-story apartment tower that overlooks the Charles River and the Boston skyline. Tang offers an outdoor sports lawn and barbeque areas at ground level. Shared interior public spaces include:
- lounge areas
- two recreation rooms
- music practice room with Steinway piano
- equipped exercise room