224 Albany Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
- furnished coed residence for 120 single graduate students
- opened in 2001
“The Warehouse provides one of the quieter environments on campus for graduate students. With a relatively small number of residents and a moderate activities calendar, the Warehouse is ideal for people who need their own space.”
|Unit Type||Approximate Size||Monthly Rent||# of Grad Student Beds||Description|
|efficiency apt.||310 sf||$1,280 (2013-2014)||120||
Private apartment for one occupant with a bathroom and kitchen facilities.
Where is it?
- located in the northwest section of campus
- across the street from Ashdown House
- approximately 0.5 mile walk to MIT’s main entrance at 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Only at the Warehouse
Every apartment in the Warehouse has at least one wall of exposed brick.
Good to know
The Warehouse features one-occupant efficiency apartments. Many of the units are reserved for first-year graduate students. All units in the Warehouse are furnished.
- Each unit has a private bathroom and a small kitchen.
- Each unit is air-conditioned.
- Each bedroom is furnished with a long double bed and mattress (bed linens are not provided), five-drawer dresser, small sofa, bookcase, desk (study lamps are not provided), and desk chair.
- Units with kitchen facilities are furnished with a refrigerator and stove (kitchen utensils and supplies are not provided).
The Warehouse amenities
The Warehouse is a century-old building that was completely renovated in 2001. Shared public spaces include:
- roof deck (open seasonally)
- large common room with pool table, ping pong, and grand piano
- large common kitchen
- television lounge
- media room for group and individual study
- equipped gym
- bicycle storage room
- laundry facilities