May 24, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
540 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139
- unfurnished residence with spaces for 208 graduate students with families
- opened in 1963
“You’ll experience the strong, supportive community of Westgate at our weekly coffee hours, around the barbeque area on hot grill nights in the summer, and at our central playground. With so many families from all over the world, we can’t imagine a better neighborhood for our own children to grow up in.”
|Unit Type||Approximate Size||Monthly Rent||# of Student Apartments||Description|
|efficiency apt.||350 sf||$1,362 (2016-2017)||90||
Private apartment for one family with combined bedroom/living room/dining room, one bathroom, and kitchen facilities.
|1-bedroom apt.||440 sf||$1,604 (2016-2017)||60||
Private apartment for one family with one bedroom, combined living room/dining room, one bathroom, and kitchen facilities.
|2-bedroom apt.||660 sf||$1,810 (2016-2017)||60||
Private apartment for one family with two bedroom, combined living room/dining room, one bathroom, kitchen facilities, and balcony.
Where is it?
- located in the west section of campus
- next door to Tang Hall and a short walk from the Charles River
- approximately 0.8 mile walk to MIT’s main entrance at 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Only at Westgate
Westgate residents enjoy picking and planting herbs in the sunny community garden in their ground floor courtyard.
Westgate features a range of apartment-style units for graduate-student families.
- Bedrooms and dining/living rooms are not furnished.
- Kitchens are furnished with a refrigerator and stove (kitchen utensils and supplies are not provided).
Westgate Apartments amenities
Westgate is a five-building complex comprising a 16-story apartment tower and four 3-story apartment buildings grouped around an outdoor playground and barbeque areas. Shared interior public spaces include:
- recreation lounges
- laundry facilities