70 Pacific Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
- furnished coed residence for 681 single graduate students
- opened in 2002
“Sidney-Pacific is designed to promote community, and it does just that. Extensive programming by our 50 student government officers really keeps this place buzzing. To be perfectly honest—we think that Sidney-Pacific is the best graduate residence in the world.”
Roger and Dorothy Mark, Sidney-Pacific housemasters
|Unit Type||Approximate Size||Monthly Rent||# of Grad Student Beds||Description|
|2-bedroom quad suite||670 sf||$760/person (2013-2014)||8||
Four occupants share an apartment with one bathroom and kitchen facilities. Each occupant shares a bedroom with one other person.
|2-bedroom suite||670 sf||$1,139/person (2013-2014)||458||
Two occupants share an apartment with one bathroom and kitchen facilities. Each occupant has a private bedroom.
|efficiency apt.||320 sf||$1,280 (2013-2014)||198||
Private apartment for one occupant with a bathroom and kitchen facilities.
|2-bedroom 2-bath apt.||1,200 sf||$1,280/person (2013-2014)||12||
Two occupants share an apartment with two bathrooms, a living room, and kitchen facilities. Each occupant has a private bedroom.
Where is it?
- located in the northwest section of campus
- next door to Ashdown House
- approximately 0.5 mile walk to MIT’s main entrance at 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Only at Sidney-Pacific
Sidney-Pacific hosts regular dance parties for the entire graduate community. The multipurpose room is also the scene of the MIT Ballroom Dance Group’s weekly practice sessions.
Good to know
Sidney-Pacific features a mix of apartment- and suite-style units for one, two, or four occupants. All units in Sidney-Pacific are furnished.
- Each bedroom is furnished with a long twin bed and mattress (bed linens are not provided), five-drawer dresser, two-drawer dresser, wardrobe, bookcase, desk (study lamps are not provided), desk chair, and side chair.
- Bedrooms have wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Units with kitchen facilities are furnished with a refrigerator and stove (kitchen utensils and supplies are not provided).
Sidney-Pacific is a nine-story building divided into four wings. The building features an enclosed outdoor courtyard and large patio with barbeque grills. Parking spaces for either the exterior lot or underground parking garage may be purchased through the MIT Parking and Transportation Office . Permits are issued on an annual basis and are subject to availability. Shared interior public spaces include:
- five television lounges with DVD players (floors 2-6)
- eight common kitchens with televisions and entertainment systems (floors 2-9)
- four study lounges with full-sized whiteboards (floors 2-5)
- computer resource room with 14 computers and 5 printers
- multipurpose rooms
- music practice room
- game room
- fitness center
- two bicycle storage rooms
- laundry facilities