Home >> Summer & Guest Housing >> Guest, Program Visitor & MIT Affiliate Housing >> Department-Sponsored Group or Program Housing
Reserving Housing for your Group or Program
Please use the following information only if you are bringing a department-sponsored group to MIT.
All groups will be housed in traditional residence halls on campus. Please see our Information for Summer Guests page for amenities.
All groups will be housed in traditional residence halls on campus.
Please see our Information for Summer Guests page for amenities.
How to Reserve Housing
Step One: Fill out the Group/Program Housing Application and submit it to the Housing Office. All applications for groups must be received at least one month prior to the anticipated arrival date. The Housing Office will contact applicants within two days of submission to review the application and assign housing.
Step Two: Two weeks prior to the arrival of your group on campus, the Housing Office will require a final list of the following:
- Names of guests
- Number of minors and chaperones (if applicable)
- Number of guests with ADA requirements
- Number of singles and doubles required
- Arrival and departure dates
If you need to cancel your reservation, you may do so via e-mail.
Step Three: After your group's departure from campus, the Housing Office will contact you to review charges. All payments must be made via department Journal Voucher. Please note that any charges incurred by guests will be charged to the account number the group has supplied. It will be the responsibility of the group to recoup funds from individual guests.
Conference Housing Application
The Group/Program Housing Application is available online. Please note the following:
- All applications must have an MIT department account number listed. If necessary, the sponsoring department can e-mail the account number directly to the Housing Office.
- All applications must have a projected number of singles and doubles required; this number may be edited at a later date (see step two of reservation instructions).
- The application should note a preference for an air-conditioned or non-air-conditioned building.
- For any group including minors, MIT requires one adult chaperone for every six youths. Applications must reflect the number of minors and chaperones expected for the conference.
- The application should note if any guest requires ADA accommodations.
Groups may choose to distribute room keys and building access cards to their own patrons or to have their patrons check in individually at the front desk of the residence hall. Guests may check in any time after 3 p.m. In the event that some guests arrive early, the front desk can store luggage until the rooms are available.
All guests must check out by 11 a.m. on the specified check out date. All keys and access cards must be returned to the front desk. There is a $25 fee for each key or access card that is not returned. Please note that these fees will be charged to the department account number provided with the application. It will be the responsibility of the sponsoring organization to recoup funds from program participants.
If your group requires additional services beyond housing, please contact Conference Services for more information.