Enter the Fall Allocation
Please read through the information on this page and use the prompt at the bottom of the page to enter to the allocation.
If you miss the opportunity to apply to this process, please apply to the Waiting List for Fall housing which opens on July 1, 2014.
If you are a NEW admitted student to MIT you will not be able to apply to the allocation until April 8, 2014. This will not affect your chances of receiving an on-campus assignment through the allocation.
The MIT Graduate Housing Assignments is happy to provide a process for students looking for housing for the Fall 2014 term.
- The Spring Housing process is open to those students seeking housing for the Fall 2013 academic semester.
Current on-campus MIT residents are not eligible for this process, unless your status is changing and you need to transfer between single and family housing or you have terminated your current housing prior to applying to the allocation.
Current single students looking to change residence halls should enter the Building-to-Building Transfer Allocation run one time a year in November.
Deadline to Apply
- The deadline to apply to the allocation is 11:59pm on Sunday, May 4, 2014.
Length of Assignments Made by This Process
The length of your assignment is dependent on your status and the building to which you are assigned.
Regularly enrolled Graduate Students assigned to Family and Single Graduate buildings will receive an assignment through August 15, 2014, with the option to renew until they graduate or cease to be registered at MIT.
Regulary enrolled Graduate Students with New status assigned to Family Housing will recieve an assignment through August 15, 2015, with the option to renew until August 15, 2016.
Regularly enrolled Graduate Students with New Status assigned to Single Graduate buildings will receive a non-renewable assignment through August 15, 2015.
Students who are assigned, sign a license agreement, and receive check-in information are subject to all fees/policies associated with termination of graduate housing http://housing.mit.edu/graduatefamily/moving_out.
Visitors are not eligible for the Fall Allocation (examples:post docs, visiting students, scientists etc.)
Information for Visitors
Visitors looking for on-campus housing should apply to the Waiting List which will open on July 1. Visitors will be allocated rooms through the waiting list only after all regularly enrolled MIT students have been accommodated. License agreements for visitors are through August 15, 2015.
Please note that it is not always easy for visitors to find on-campus housing for late August and early September at MIT and you should plan accordingly. If you need housing past August 15, 2015, you should consider off-campus housing rather than applying for on-campus housing.
- Graduate Students will be able to view their assignment from this web site for the week following May 9, 2014.
Graduate Students will also be emailed their assignment if we have a valid and accurate email address on record.
- Students who decline this assignment or do not accept it by May 16, 2014 will be charged a cancellation fee of $250.
- The Fall Allocation is open. Please click here to enter the allocation.
- You may apply anytime between the open and close dates for the allocation. You have the same chance to receive an assignment through the allocation if you apply on the allocation open day as on the allocation close day.
- If you missed the opportunity to apply, you may join the Waiting List which opens on July 1.